FX Junction enables you to link your brokerage account to your FX Junction profile, allowing you to analyze your performance, share your trading activity with other members and learn from others sharing their trades. The Self-Hosted option (Free) requires you to install the FX Junction Bridge EA onto your terminal to enable the synchronization between your brokerage account and FX Junction profile. You must keep your terminal open at all times on your desktop or VPS.
FX Junction supports Live and Demo accounts from regulated brokers offering the following trading platforms:
To link your brokerage account to your FX Junction profile, follow the steps below:
1. Download the FX Junction Bridge EA file
2. Install the FX Junction Bridge EA
Place the FX Junction Bridge EA in the “Experts” folder of your MetaTrader terminal. To find your Experts folder, go to your terminal and go to File -> Open Data Folder. Then navigate to MQL4/5 -> Experts and Copy the downloaded file there.
3. Restart your MetaTrader platform
After restarting your MetaTrader platform, the FX Junction Bridge will appear in the Navigator window. If you can’t see the Navigator window, go to View -> Navigator.
4. Drag and Drop FX Junction Bridge onto any chart window
The chart should not be used and can be minimized once synchronization process is complete.
5. Input FX Junction username/password and Allow DLL Imports
Once the FX Junction Bridge EA is dropped onto a chart window, it should automatically open a new window. Click on the Inputs tab and enter your FX Junction username and password.
Click on the Common tab and make sure Allow DLL imports is checked, then press OK
After successfully installing the FX Junction Bridge EA, the status should on the chart should display Monitoring…, you may now minimize the chart window.
- The terminal and the chart with the FX Junction Bridge EA must remain open in order to keep your account in snych with FX Junction.
- If your account has an extended history, go to your Account History tab at the bottom of your terminal window, right click and select All History. The FX Junction Bridge EA will then synchronize all your trading history.
7. Enable Automated Trading through FX Junction
If you want to allow automated trading (AutoCopy) through FX Junction, go to Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors and check Allow automated trading.
I can't see my trading activity or complete performance statistics.
If you've already downloaded and installed the FX Junction Bridge EA, but cannot see your trades or stats in your profile, please make sure your MetaTrader account has your complete account history loaded.
- Click on the Account History tab in your MT4 platform.
- Then, right-click anywhere inside the window and select "All History". This will download any missing trading history from your broker.
NOTE: Please scroll through your account history to make sure it is complete - you must be able to see the initial deposit. If you cannot see this information, your broker may have deleted it from their server and thus your account cannot be used.
After following the step above, re-attach the FX Junction Bridge EA onto any chart (only 1 chart). If the status reads - "Monitoring...", account synchronization has finished. You should be able to see your trades and stats in your profile.
My account is not updating, what should I do?
Most problems can be solved by simply re-attaching the FX Junction Bridge EA to a chart. Simply drag and drop it onto any open chart and enter your FX Junction login details in the inputs. You cannot load any other EA onto this chart, also please refrain from changing the timeframe or other settings for this particular chart. It is best to minimize the chart window to keep it out of your way while trading.